Group Dog Obedience Classes
Group Dog Enrichment Training Classes at Your Own Pace!
We are excited to open our second location that will be focused on small group and private training classes in mid June. Our new enrichment center will be located at 1716 Pearman Dairy Rd in the Pearman Plaza that is within two minutes of Clemson Blvd in Anderson, SC.
Our group classes will be small, relaxed, fun and effective! Families will be able to purchase training package modules that will include six class passes per module. Passes can be used for classes that are task focused like recall and walking on a loose leash or for fun classes like scent games, downtown dogs or for social drop in classes.
Benefits of Dog Training with Different Module Levels
- Your time, your schedule. Take time off when you have a very busy week or travel, then simply register for more classes at the same level without fear of missing out.
- If one person can’t make it to a particular class with their family, no worries! They can use a class pass for the same class at another time!
- All dogs in each level are in a similar training stage, regardless of age, allowing you and your instructor to best address the needs of your dog.
- Dogs move in and out of each level at different paces, providing new dogs as distractions each week.
- Your dog, your pace. Work at your own skill level for as long as necessary. No falling behind since there is no requirement to move to the next level.
- Revisit a lower level at any time to brush up on previous skills.
When should I start training my dog?
Training should start as soon as you bring your new dog home. If you are new to dog raising, then contact us before your bring your new dog home or contact us now to schedule a private training lesson at our facility or for a private in-home lesson.
What are all of the requirements to sign up for training classes?
- That you have had your dog for at least 7 days to help assure that your dog is healthy and non-contagious
- That your dog has had at least two rounds of up-to-date vaccinations that have been provided by a licensed veterinarian, including the Bordetella vaccination and the Distemper/Parvo (often abbreviated as DHPP) vaccination and we will need a copy prior to your first class- there are no exceptions to this rule!
- Well-behaved children over the age of 6 are welcome to attend. Any child under 18 must be accompanied by an adult and no more than 2 children per family can attend
- Children are not allowed to run or play on any of the enrichment equipment. Parents and their kids will be excused with kids that are disruptive in class and private sessions can be utilized for the remaining purchased passes
- Dogs that are disruptive in classes that display any bullying, aggression, reactivity, over-stimulation, anxiety, or fearful type behaviors will be excused and future private basic training classes can be scheduled until your dog is ready for social classes
- Up to two dogs per family are allowed to sign up for the same class with two separate handlers
For those that prefer jump start training:
Our trainers can do the foundation training for you at our enrichment center! Click here to learn more!