Boarding | Daycare Policies
We look forward to providing a safe and relaxing stay for your pet and you can help us to make your pets stay better by reviewing the following policies.
New Comers:Please know that we require a completed online application form to set up an appointment for a free 15 minute meet and greet to get to know our staff and to tour our enrichment center. If together we find that we are a good match, your dog will then transition into our 25.00 intro-daycare program were you will leave him with us for a few hours to allow more time to acclimate to our camp prior to being dropped off for a longer stay.
Dogs that display any of the following are not permitted to stay at Camp Miracle Paws and arrangements for an early pick-up will need to be made in the event that your dog exhibits any of the following:
- aggression- with any humans or with other dogs
- anxiety- cannot settle into a confined 5 x 5 kennel for rest and sleep- unlike a commercial setting, we must be respectful of our residential neighbors and on-going barking and whining is not permitted. We can set up an in-home training session with the dogs parents to help them help their dog learn how to relax
- escape artists– please know that Camp Miracle Paws is located in a residential neighborhood and our fencing is only 4′ tall. Camp Miracle Paws is not a good fit for ANY dogs that choose to run away by escaping over or under any fencing
- separation anxiety- Dogs with separation anxiety are more likely to try and make quick escapes and their anxiety will cause the rest of our guests to be uneasy, and will also disrupt our residential neighbors. Be sure to let your dog’s new care givers know that your dog needs a secured dog run. This can take some time and effort on your part, but we can provide in-home training classes to help you help your dog learn to relax
- health conditions– we cannot accept dogs that are pregnant, in heat, has any contagious conditions including skin rashes, diarrhea, ticks and fleas. Letters of clearance from a licensed vet will be required for all dogs that have rashes, allergy like symptoms, appear to be sick, etc. Proof that your dog is not contagious will be required if we observe any conditions that your dog displays or arrangements for an early pick-up will be necessary or at your expense, we can transport your dog to a local veterinarian for medical assistance and boarding if needed
- vaccinations- Dogs must be up to date with all of their vaccinations and proof from a licensed veterinarian will be required prior to your dogs arrival to our enrichment center
- know your dog- you must have owned your dog for at least two weeks prior to completing this form that will allow you time to get to know your dog’s personality and their health, so that you can be forthcoming about the information about your dog
Feel free to text or call us with questions or to check availability. Check out our Facebook Page to see more about our inclusive enrichment activites that all of our daycare and boarding guests enjoy during their stay at Camp Miracle Paws.
- Personal belongings must be marked with pet name
- We do not need any dishes or toys
- As long as your dog does not consume material; we can accept a throw sized blanket or less
- Bedding must be marked with pet name
- All belongings should fit into a tote bag along with food, medication, ect that will be marked with pet’s name
Please do not bring toys or other materials that are valuable, we have lots of toys that dogs love to play with.
- We do not need any crates- we provide 5 x 5 climate controlled comfy cabins for a few guests at a time, and for those dogs that prefer a smaller den like setting we offer multiple sized hard shell crates that will be placed inside a 5 x 5 cabin with the crate door open allowing dogs freedom in their own private space.
- To avoid stomach stress, please bring your dogs own food
- Bring a little more than ample food in the event that you are delayed
- If your dog prefers wet food: please bring single serving pop top cans along with some deposable spoons
- For stays less than a couple of weeks; please place dry food in zip lock bags and write dogs name and feeding instructions on bag
- We ask that food containers or bags to not weigh more than 25 lbs and will fit into a narrow school locker
- In the event that you are delayed and we run out of food, we charge $2.50 extra per meal to use our food (Taste of the Wild/Lamb or Redbard Food Rolls when dogs do not have ample food for his stay
- Just like humans, dogs love getting an extra surprise waiting for them each time they rotate back into their cabins and when they are caught doing something good! We appreciate any extra treats that you can provide
- We ask that you do not bring rawhide toys or chews as they are not good for dogs digestive system
- Unless told otherwise, we offer our guests buffalo horns to entertain themselves while they are resting in their private cabins.
Dog Collars and Leashes
- Please have identification on your dog’s collar and we recommend that your dog is chipped for emergency situations
- Leashes will be placed in your dog’s locker
- Food, medication, small bankets, leashes for each dog must fit in a tote sized bag that will include the dogs other belongings that he will need throughout his stay with us.
Please mark your pets name on the tote bag and all belongings
Vaccinations, Health and Prevention
- We must receive a current vaccinations for DHLPP, Bordatella and Rabies PRIOR to your dog’s arrival, pictures can be texted to 864-314-1804 or your vet can email us a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dogs must be on flea and tick preventives
- If your dog is on medication, please place the medication in a zip lock bag and write the dogs name, condition being treated and dosing information on the bag. Please call us if your dog has special needs care
- We cannot accept dogs that are sick including diarrhea or skin rashes that are contagious, pregnant, in-heat, or that has had recent surgery, there are times that we might require a letter of clearance from your veterinarian.
- We can accept some in-tact males, please call with details about your dog and for availaility information
We are not responsible for lost or destroyed items.